Thursday, October 27, 2011

Shingo Gokan

Recently, I found a couple videos of one of my favorite bartenders, Shingo Gokan of Angel's Share in New York.






Seeing Angel's Share again, even in video form (in brighter lighting that I am used to and with unnecessarily overwrought slow-motion videography), made me miss it immensely.  I guess that just means that I will have to make a trip down to New York sometime soon.

As a bonus, below is the recipe of one of cocktails that Shingo taught me, the Speak Low, which has recently also come back to my mind because of the temporal evolution aspect of the drink, a broader theme worth delving into at a later time.  I had initially sampled the drink back in May, and my impression of the drink was documented earlier.

Speak Low
From Shingo Gokan of Angel's Share
50 mL Pampero Aniversario rum
15 mL Osborne Pedro Ximenez 1827 sherry
3 tsp matcha


EDIT (11/1/11): Apparently there's even a video for the Speak Low that I just now saw.  The recipe given in the video is a little different from the one given to me originally, and I would be quite interested to try the new version with the switch in rums.


No comments:

Post a Comment